Do you want to explore the Ballavpur Wildlife Sanctuary, Santiniketan, Bolpur, and Deer Park?
In this article, I am gonna show you the complete information about the Ballavpur Wildlife Sanctuary.
Here you will know,
- Bolpur Deer Park
- History of Ballavpur wildlife sanctuary
- The attraction of the Wildlife Sanctuary
- Ticket Price and Timing
- And, Lots more information
So, Let’s get started.
About Ballavpur Wildlife Sanctuary, Santiniketan, Bolpur
Ballavpur Wildlife Sanctuary (popularly known as Deer Park) is located around 3 km from Santiniketan and around 172 km from Kolkata City. This Wildlife Sanctuary was established in 1977, in Rabindranath’s Place, Santiniketan in the Bolpur subdivision of Birbhum district in the Indian state of West Bengal.
|Location:||Ballavpur, Santiniketan, Bolpur, Birbhum district, West Bengal, India|
|Nearest city:||Bolpur Santiniketan|
|Area:||Around 2 square kilometers (0.77 sq mi)|
The Deer Park of the sanctuary is another great attraction there. In July 1977, The Deer Park was Indagurated by that time Government of West Bengal. Covering an area of 700 acres, The land of Ballvpur Wildlife Sanctuary has fulfilled with man tees such are, Shisu, Kaku, Amalaki, Shawl, Mahua, Beri, and many more. In addition, the protected forest of the sanctuary has much wildlife like Rabbits, Black Deer, Foxes, Chital Deer, and many more.
Bolpur Dear Park
Ballavpur Wildlife Sanctuary has a huge protected forest under the ‘Khowai’ region. There are many Deer seen here, Probably, that is why this Sanctuary also known as Deer Park
There natural green forest and the red soil of the Bolpur, the subdivision of the Birbhum attract many people such as decent wildlife sanctuaries lovers.
This place is located between two popular rivers named Damodar River and Ajay River. This Wildlife Sanctuary, Asansol-Durgapur Region, consists of tribal areas. Two rivers flow parallelly to each other (about 30 km in diameter) in this region. The attraction of the area in Santinekatan is increasing day by day. You can get a huge chance to see the eating of Deer at 8.00 a.m and 3.00 p.m.
There is a large pond beside Deer Park. In the winter season, there are various birds such are, Moral, Pandubi, Metehans, Partridge, shoveller, pintail, and many more Migratory birds from different countries flock here. And, also, you can see the Bird returning to their nest at sunset, the view of this looks Breathtaking. By the way, there are many Turtle are innumerable in the pond.
History of Ballavpur Wildlife Sanctuary
As we already know in the starting point of this article, Ballavpur Wildlife Sanctuary was declared and established in 1957. The area of the sanctuary is 2021sqkm which represents the Bio Geographical region 7B-Chhotonagpur Plated and contains natural sal forest. From 1954 to 1955, many Sisu, Almond, and many more trees are planted to make the area Green land. Now, these trees play an important role in the beauty of the sanctuary. In addition, from 1967-1968, there are many Black Ducks, and Spotted Deer are introduced and survived here.
Basically, These spotted Deer have migrated from the Buxar jungle and other Forest. The most commonly found animal in the sanctuary is the fox, common langur, jackfruit, wolf, jungle cat, etc. By the way, The sanctuary has three water hub (Jheel) that attracts many Birds.
Major Attraction of Ballavpur Wildlife Sanctuary
- Chital Deer and Blackbox are the most established and most popular deer of the sanctuary since its inaugurated time, in 1957. This place has three water hubs where many native and migratory birds are always flying and flock there.
- As we already know in the upper side of the article, Ballavpur Wildlife Sanctuary is home to many birds and animals. Deer are the main attraction there, that’s why Ballapur Wildlife Sanctuary is also called a Deer Park by the local people. For altitude and climate, it is very good for the animals that live there.
- By Covering with the fence on both sides of the Sanctuary ad Road, you can walk and catch a glimpse of the birds and animals. Moreover, you can also look from the Watch Tower of the Sanctuary.
- Santiniketan is the place of Nobel Prize winner, writer of Gitanjali, Rabindranath Tagore. People come here not only from the other states of India but also from Other countries to just view the Culture there, especially, in March Month, During Basanta Festival.
Ballavpur Wildlife Sanctuary Ticket Price, Timings
At the main gate of the sanctuary, you need to buy Rs. 10 per one-person entry fee. And, on the other hand, The Entry fee for the below 12 Years Children is, Rs.5. By the way, if you carry a camera, you need to pay an additional cost which is Rs. 20.
|Monday||10:00 AM – 3.30:00 PM|
|Tuesday||10:00 AM – 3.30:00 PM|
|Thursday||10:00 AM – 3.30:00 PM|
|Friday||10:00 AM – 3.30:00 PM|
|Saturday||10:00 AM – 3.30:00 PM|
|Sunday||10:00 AM – 3.30:00 PM|
The climate of the Sanctuary
In Summer, the temperature of the Sanctuary show above 40 Degree Celcius and, on the other hand, in winter it drops to 10 Degree Celcius. In The Rainy month, July to September, the average rainfall in the area is around 1200 Millimeters.
Best Time To Visit Ballavpur Wildlife Sanctuary
The Best time to visit the Ballavpur Wildlife sanctuary is in the winter around November to February, In that time, many migratory birds from other countries move to this part of the land.
How To Reach Ballavpur Wildlife Sanctuary
There are mainly 3 ways to go to the Ballavpur Wildlife Sanctuary;
- By Road: From Kolkata, you need to take Tourist Bur or hire a Private car and take a ride via NH19 and Sekampur – Sahapur Rd which is around 164 km.
- By Train: The nearest railway station is Bolpur-Santiniketan. You can get many Train from Howrah and Sealdah railway stations. After reaching Bolpur-Santiniketan station, you need to take a local Toto, Rickshaw to reach the exact location.
- By Air: If you are coming from other states, or long distances, it is the best idea to take a Flight and land at Netaji Subhas Chandra Bise International Airpot. After reaching the Airpot, you have two choices, either Hire Direct Private Car or take Train Route to reach the Sanctuary.
Location in Google Map:
Accommodation: Ballavpur Wildlife Sanctuary resort
The resort facility in the area is good. There are many luxury resorts are located just 5 minutes away from Ballavpur Wildlife Sanctuary. The Room of this resort has the facility of a Colorful room with a balcony near the garden, a Western Bathroom, 24 Hour Electricity, an AC facility, and also a car parking facility.
In addition, more close to nature and provides the perfect haven for busy tourist destinations in the Santiniketan and remote areas. Rooms are full of ethnic furniture, televisions, a TV facility, and Western Bathroom. hey also arrange cars to visit the sights. You will find double-bid deluxe rooms, dormitories, family rooms, honeymoon duplex suites, and standard suites at this resort. The food is well served in the indoor dining hall and garden restaurant.
Nearby Attractions Of Ballavpur Wildlife Sanctuary
Nearby attractions of the Sanctuary and Places to visit in Santiniketan;
- Gitanjali Rail Museum
- Kankalitala Temple travel guide
- Biswa Bangla hat
- Prakriti Bhavan Nature Art museum
- Kopai river
- Visva Bharati Santiniketan
- Ghurisha Terracota temple
- Wood fossil park Birbhum
- Visva Bharati Kala Bhavan
- Amar Kutir
- Amar Kutir ECO-Tourism Park
- Srijani Shilpagram Shantiniketan Bolpur
- Sriniketan Bolpur
- Santiniketan Poush Mela
- Rabindra Bhaban Museum
- Sonibarer hat
- Kalikapur Rajbari
- Raipur Rajbari Birbhum
- Surul Raj Bari
In short, Ballavpur Wildlife Sanctuary is one of the Best Places to visit in Santiniketan, Bolpur, and West Bengal. While you visit the Sanctuary and Deer Park, you will not only see the Migratory Birds, Animals, and Deer, you will able to see the Culture of Santiniketan. The Musem of the Rabindranath Tagore, Open Green is just Awesome. I hope you have got the necessary information about Ballavpur Wildlife Sanctuary from this article before visiting the sanctuary.
Now, I’d like to know from you:
How many bird sanctuaries have you already visited in West Bengal?
Are you very much excited to explore the Ballavpur Wildlife Sanctuary?
Let me know in the comments now.
You will also like to visit Other Sanctuary:
- Purbasthali Bird Sanctuary
- Nandur Madhmeshwar Bird Sanctuary
- Koonthakulam Bird Sanctuary
- Chitrangudi Bird Sanctuary
- Nal Sarovar Bird Sanctuary
- Senchal Wildlife Sanctuary
- Nawabganj Bird Sanctuary
- Point Calimere Bird Sanctuary
- Thol Lake Bird Sanctuary
- Soor Sarovar Bird Sanctuary
- Mayani Bird Sanctuary
- Bibhutibhushan Wildlife Sanctuary
- Patna Bird Sanctuary
- Ramnabagan Wildlife Sanctuary
- Raiganj Wildlife Sanctuary
- Bethuadahari Wildlife Sanctuary
- Sandi Bird Sanctuary
- Vedanthangal Bird Sanctuary
- Chapramari Wildlife Sanctuary
- Mahananda Wildlife Sanctuary
- Karnala Bird Sanctuary
- Chintamoni Kar Bird Sanctuary
Somraj Mondal is an Extensive experience in SEO and Travel, Lifestyle, and Bird Enthusiast expert of Indianchacha. A professional Blogger who loves to explore new places, and new cultures.